Thursday 13 November 2014

Feed back to an assessment.

37 posts at health check 1: At this point in the term we would expect students to have between 45-50 blog posts and so you may be a little bit disappointed with the grade that your blog is currently worth.  It wouldn't be right for me to be untruthful about what your blog could end up with if you don't do the necessary changes outlined below.  Although you are more or less up to date (there are some missing though: analysis of ancillary and website for artist / own analysis of three influential music videos / animatic / reflection on feedback from pitch - really worrying that this isn't there as I gave you lots!) you haven't blogged off the task sheet and this is what sets the blogs apart.  As it states on the checklist- if you stick to the sheet then you will get a C - if you devise blogs of your own and really engage with it more then you can get higher.  It's easy to rectify though: I would like to see you catch up with all the missing posts (and make sure that you fill in the post production blog for the pitch which you authored but which is blank at the moment); then make sure that you individually blog after each filming and editing session - reflect back on what you think the strengths and weaknesses of the filming/editing sessions were and think about improvements that need to be made.  Not too much of an onerous task.  Remember that the moderator has to go by what is on the blog - they can't see how you work in class or in your group.  Don't let yourself down (your group contribution is excellent - but not reflected in your blog at the moment).  Good luck!


Above is posted the feedback I got from one of my teachers outlining the areas in which I need to improve on my blogging tasks. I am pleased to say that the majority of points made above I have taken on board and responded by completing the work I needed to in order to be in a better place on my blog. I am now up to date and feel as though I am getting a better grasp on the subject as a whole. Getting such detailed feedback is extremely helpful as i get to reflect on myself as a student. As well as this, I found it to be motivating as praise in my strongest areas were mentioned also so reading it didn't lead me to become discouraged, it made me want to excel and reach the same standards in my weakest areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment