Sunday 16 November 2014

Editing style inspiration

I recently came across this music video and was very impressed by it's aesthetics. I think that in certain aspects it closely links to ours, and i was thinking about why i thought it looked successful. I think that using green environments really helps to make music videos look more professional. A problem I had with a lot of previous students videos was with the shots that were filmed on public roads and places with shops, simply because you wouldn't find logos like that in a high budget professionally made video. It also starts off with some editing that was quite similar to what we did in our prelim with the flipping characters. I think one piece of special effects that was extremely effective was when the girl gets mirrored and then undone with the beat of the song (2:30). I think we could replicate this effect in our own video. I also really like the colour edit that they used on the video. The darkest points have all been raised to look like greys, so i tried experimenting on photoshop to see if i could recreate the colours.
I took this photo of the actress whilst we re filmed the beginning of the video. I noticed that in the tiny implosions video the greens were very un green, so i used selective colouring to make them turn blue instead. I had to use two adjustment layers to make it darker. I then touched on the curves to make the darkest bits a little lighter which, i think, gives a much softer image. I recently found out that you can edit video files on photoshop so hopefully i'll be able to use it then because the final cut one is really long to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment