Friday 9 January 2015

Ancillary technical breakdown


I used 3 pictures for the front of the album (not including the extra two i used for the feet), which were the one of me, the sea picture and a texture i found on google. For the figure, i cut myself out of the background using the lasso tool (my hair is too white to be able to use the quick select tool), added the feet and then flipped the image 180ยบ. I added the sea and played around with sizes and locations for a bit. Because i had shot in my bedroom, the original colouring of my clothes had a really annoying blue tint so i used a hue/saturation adjustment layer to lower the saturation (i also added a bit of green so it looked more natural). I then added the texture image, and looked through all of the blending modes (i decided on soft light). I added the text, and then to split it up i had to rasterise the layer and then i just moved it a couple of pixels to the right. The top three adjustment later were just so i could get happy with the colours.

This side was easier to do because i already had most of the images. For the background i just flipped the one that i used on the front. I used the same texture too (but upside down). I used the placement for the small print and side print from Basement Jaxx - Rooty apart from the barcode, which just looked symmetrical there.

For the CD, i took the sea picture and flipped it into a circle using a tutorial i found here http://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/little-planet-photos-5-simple-steps-to-making-panorama-worlds

For the inside, i took a picture of a lake (to keep the synergy with the video). I then added the picture of the fish which i've been using as the record logo, and the cd. I thought the cd needed some text so i added the 22 and the small print beneath is says Leanne Records Ltd. XLCD143 (similar to on the fleet foxes album).

No comments:

Post a Comment