Thursday 15 January 2015

changes made to my digipak and advertisement during the lesson.


 Here I was trying to make changes to the image on the front of my digipak, I wasn't happy with the quality of the image when I had cut it out and brought it into my 2 panelled digipak as it looked too harsh and the colours weren't co-relating to the colour scheme already in place. So I decided to change the tone in the picture itself to black and white, I did this by selecting the layer that held the image itself and changed its tonal setting to black and white. Already I could see a difference and was pleased with the way it was coming along. Additionally, I wanted to improve the lines outlining the image which I didn't feel was correct as the wand tool I was using and lassoe tool had proven to be quite difficult to navigate around the image. In order to correct this I decided to use the brush tool to soften the edges of this image.


As  for the inside of my digipak I knew that I needed to communicate the idea that I had a pocket function within it and so I needed to create a mock cd to pop out of the pocket to show this and so I created a semi circle shape and place it by the pocket opening. It was a long process which included creating and editing a few layers of work which is  shown above, however I did it In order to correctly  portray my digipak.




Lastly in the time that I had, I was able to make changes to the quality of the image I am using in my advertisement. As you can see I have again used the brush tool to soften around the edges of the image and through changing the levels of the image itself I was able to increase the density of the colours within it to make the image blend into the page better.

No comments:

Post a Comment