Friday 12 December 2014

Research for ancillary work: Practice for Digipak

Above is the album art I had created in Photoshop as practice for an aspect of a Digipak. I decided to use a two paneled template to start with as it is the classic way of many artist cd's. I decided to use the 'artist' on the album cover with only her lower facial features and torso showing to create a sense of mystery. As for the album title I decided to use a simple but appealing font in the color pink as it highlights the fact that it is a cd aimed at women and it reflects the bubbly, fun and girly nature of the artist. I wanted to also make it more personal hence why I named the album 'Dina Jay' (the artists name). I then put this text on top of a cut out image of a child looking out onto an airplane runway to signify hopes and dreams of being free, which is relatable for many people. Additionally, the image is in black and white which is a good background for the pink writing to go against it. As well as this I kept a running theme of the pink font throughout the back of the album  and middle panel to show continuity and make sure that it flows. Upon previous research I noticed that a common factor for a track list is numbers outlining the order of the songs, and so I have created this on my practice product. I have also included product information on the bottom left hand corner, logos of the record label and production company involved, a barcode and the website linked to the main artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment